Hi all! Happy Friday! Today Bailey is heading to the vet for his long overdue checkup. He has had no shortage of vet visits in the three months we’ve been here. Thankfully, all of his leg visits are over (he had to get sedated every time he got an x-ray, poor buddy) and now he is heading to the normal vet Yay Bailey!
So, here I am at five months post-partum. I know I sound like a broken record but I cannot believe how quickly time is flying. Audrey is almost six months old. Before I know it she will be a year old! It seems like just yesterday we found out she was on the way.
My body essentially feels back to normal. It doesn’t feel like I have it back completely though since I’m nursing. :p Once I don’t have to worry about what medicines I’m taking and
how much wine what I’m drinking, it will feel like mine again.
Getting back into shape:
- I’m running around three times a week training for my upcoming 10k.
- Ideally I strive to get two crossfit workouts in but I usually can only work in one per week.
- I attended my first hot yoga class in over year this past week! It wasn’t my beloved bikram though- I went to a hot power yoga class with my stepmom and it kicked my booty! I am still sore from all of those chataraungas! My game plan is to find a bikram studio and hopefully go once a week on Saturday or Sunday mornings. I’ve shied away from hot yoga because I was nervous it would affect my supply but so far, so good. I just need to keep up the water intake!
- Audrey is usually a champion sleeper, but a few times this past week she’s been up every two hours. Oy, gotta love gas (the baby’s, haha) and teething. After those nights the last thing I want to do during the day is work out, since all of my energy goes into caring for Audrey. On those days, I take a rest day- planned or not
- My ideal workout week would be three runs, two crossfit workouts and one or two bikram classes. Realistically, I’m looking at two runs, one crossfit workout and maybe a yoga class. That works for me!
At five months post-partum:
- I’m four pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, with a total weight loss of 31 pounds. I will probably gain a few pounds back once I wean A.
- My waist (belly button) is 28 inches (back to pre-preg), which is 2.5 lost in two months. Woohoo! Although I’m back to pre-preg size, my stomach is still a little squishy. I’m going to have Brian put me through some core workouts to get some strength back (though let’s face it, I will probably b*tch the entire time lol).
- My lower waist a few inches below my belly button is 31 inches. I’m not sure of where it was pre-pregnancy but I think I have an inch or two to go.
- I think my arms are getting more toned- probably from carrying around Audrey in her carseat- that thing is heavy!
- My wardrobe all fits but I’m still limited in the shirts I can wear due to my nursing bra situation. I need to purchase a few thick ones.
- My engagement ring still doesn’t fit! I’m resigned to the fact that I need to get it sized up. I should get on that!
- The linea negra going down my stomach has lightened considerably, but it is still there.
Three months post-partum on the left, five months post-partum on the right
There really isn’t too much of a difference- I can see a slight one though! My goals from here on out are to continue training for my 10k (at the end of the month, eep!), find a new race to train for once that is over, get back my flexibility, strengthen my core and work on my pushups and pullups.
So that’s that. Any fun plans for the weekend? We are going to feed Audrey her first solid food- avocado! I can’t wait to see her reaction. Take care y’all!