Hello friends! Thank you so SO much for all of your congratulations on my half-marathon :D My body feels (almost) 100% back to normal! I can’t wait to hit up hot yoga tomorrow. Again, thank you so much for your kind words. Y’all are too sweet
Speaking of sweet, I came home to a nice surprise in the mail yesterday:
A good luck card from Linzi! How sweet is she?!?!
She is busy getting ready for her first marathon (!!!!) this weekend but took time out of her schedule to send me some encouragement. Linzi, you are so sweet and amazing and one of these days we will step up from having a virtual glass of wine together to having an actual glass of wine together :D I love the sticker and I am going to put it in a shadow box that I put together. Yay! Make sure to stop by Linzi’s blog to wish her well as she conquers 26.2 this weekend!!!
During the month of October, my friend and race photog/cheerleader extraordinaire challenged her friends and family to a “30 recipes in 30 days” challenge, where all of the participants cook their little hearts out and share the recipes. Naturally I jumped at the chance to participate, as it would force me to try new recipes and introduce me to the other recipes submitted by the participants. When Nicole emailed the recipe for Easy Shrimp Quesadillas, I knew what my next cooking adventure would be. I modified Nicole’s ingredients with what I had on hand and it was still delicious! My brother and father said the quesadillas were delicious and I can attest to the fact that they reheat well, since I had them for lunch today.
Easy Shrimp Quesadillas
- 4 eight inch tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 of a 7 oz carton of garlic hummus
- 6 oz peeled, cooked and deveined shrimp
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 t olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a skillet and cook onion and garlic until translucent, set aside
- Assemble working station for four quesadillas by placing filling into four piles, like so:
Shrimp, peppers, garlic, onion and tomatoes
3. Then, coat one side of tortilla with cooking spray. Placing spray side down, cover tortilla in hummus and sprinkle feta cheese over one half. Place filling on one side of tortilla:
4. Fold tortilla in half gently and place aside. Repeat with second tortilla.
5. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook two tortillas at a time:
6. Flip over after about three minutes or when browned. In the 4-6 minutes it takes the tortillas to cook completely, assemble the other two quesadillas and place them on skillet to cook when the first two are done.
7. Eat and enjoy!!
The thing that I love about this recipe is that you can do so many flavor combinations with it! Try a different flavor of hummus, add in marinated artichoke hearts (like Nicole’s original recipe calls for) and so on.
Do you have any fun new recipes I can try for the 30 recipe challenge? If so, please post a link to your blog post in the comments :) I’ll take appetizers, desserts, breakfast recipes… anything!
Have a great evening friends!